Beryllium copper (BeCu) is a commonly used alloy. Most can gather that it is an excellent material because of the price point, but what makes this alloy so unique? BeCu has many properties that make it a valuable and versatile metal product. It is used in many industries for various applications
- First and foremost, beryllium copper is hard. BeCu matches the hardness of high-grade alloy steels.
- The alloy is also strong. It is robust enough for use in cryogenic equipment because it does not lose strength at low temperatures.
- BeCu is a perfect transmitter for heat and electricity. It is common to find this alloy being used for electronic components, like cell phone and computer parts.
- BeCu is safe to use in electronics because it is not magnetic and is non-sparking. Products made with this alloy create less EMI and are less likely to produce fires.
- Corrosion resistance is another attribute of beryllium copper. BeCu is commonly used to make springs because it naturally resists acidic and elemental corrosion.
- Lastly, Beryllium copper is easily formed, metal-worked and machined.
Beryllium copper wire might be more expensive than other wire materials, but the cost is there for a reason. For more information on using Beryllium copper wire, please call us today.
- Beryllium Copper Alloys
Not all beryllium copper is the same because sometimes other alloys can be added.
- We are Phosphor Bronze Wire & Beryllium Copper Experts