Wires are integral parts of most electronic devices. Considering that they are so important, they must be treated with complete care. This includes storage, handling, and receiving.
Below, we will be going over some basic recommendation for handling wire that is acquired from LFA.
When receiving shipments, you should:
- Immediately inspect all shipments upon arrival. First, check the boxes or containers to see if any damage occurred during transit.
- When removing products from the packages, do not puncture the boxes because there is a possibility that wires can shift on the spool during transit. Avoid damaging wires prior using them.
- Try and avoid touching the wire surface with other objects.
Wires need to be stored properly. You should:
- Store wire on original packaging
- Keep wire in non-corrosive, dry, and clean environments
- Store wire on spools in a horizontal position (avoid shifting cable)
- Do not stack spools on top of each other (this will cause contact between wires which can damage wires)
- Keep wires clean by wearing dry and sanitary gloves
- Bend lids and flaps always from spools when removing cable from spool
- Only remove protective wrappers when ready to load spook on processing equipment
- Always maintain precise tension control to prevent damage to the wire.
Treating wires with care will ensure that the cables work properly and last a long time. If you have more questions about using plated wires, like beryllium copper wire, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
- Beryllium Copper and Copper Alloys
We also work with plated wire to enhance the qualities of beryllium copper and copper alloys. We carry 521 alloy.
- Engineers Need to Know about Electroplating and Beryllium Copper
- Beryllium Copper, Bronze, and Brass