Shaped wire starts from larger diameter round wire or rod that is rolled into desired sizes and shapes. Through a series of intermediate anneals and rolls, it is possible to create flat, square, and custom shaped wires. Each type of drawn wire has its own characteristics and tensile strength that allows maximum performance for the specific job requirements.
Flat wires have a dimensional cross section that is smaller than a 5:1 ratio. Flat wires:
- Are used when burr free edges are critical
- Are used when edge strip is not an option (as a result of cross section size and mechanical requirements)
- Are used for example, to create springs, windshield blades, hand tools, window mechanisms, and guide wires
Square wire is used throughout many different industries with varying applications. Uses include:
- Computer parts and components
Shaped Wire can
- Be produced in custom shapes and sizes
- Be plated to customer specifications.
- Supplied on a continuous coil that has fewer welds [leading to long run time)
- Be created in symmetrical and asymmetrical shapes
If you need more information on shaped and plated wires please feel free to contact our staff.
Little Falls Alloys produces wire in round, square, flat and shaped varieties. Wire can be made on spools, coils and cut to straight lengths. The company specializes in non-ferrous copper based alloys. A pioneer in the use of Beryllium Copper.